This extra adds subscribers to MailChimp lists using FormIt and the MailChimp API. It adds a snippet for retrieving Mailchimp lists in a single select TV and a FormIt hook for subscribing Mailchimp users to the list provided in the pages Template Variable.
- Add MailChimp API Key in systemsettings: mailchimpsubscribe.mailchimp_api_key
- Option 1: Create a new single select TV variable and set the input option values to:@EVAL return $modx->runSnippet('MailChimpGetLists');
- Add MailChimp List ID TV in systemsettings: mailchimpsubscribe.list_tv
- Option 2: Set the FormIt scriptProperty &mailchimpListId to the correct MailChimp List ID
- Add MailChimpSubscribe to your FormIt hooks
- Add in your chunk the placeholder fi.error.mailchimp, which holds all MailChimp error messages.
- Add a field called newsgroup, if the value of this field is set to yes, the user will be subscribed to the mailchimp list.
Download MailChimp for MODX FormIt
This is a free extra and the code is publicly available for you to change. The extra is being actively maintained and you're free to put in pull requests which match our roadmap. Please create an issue if the pull request differs from the roadmap so we can make sure we're on the same page.
Need help? Approach our support desk for paid premium support.